FAQ: IPL Hair Removal
Please read through the most asked questions by our customers for better education and get in-depth knowledge about our Hair removal handset.
✦ Watch Here for the Handset Demo
✦ What Makes Skin'N Sleek™ handset Different
✦ ANTI-AGING TOOL : With the detachable Skin Rejuvenation Lamp, the handset uses the collagen induction therapy to effectively treat the following skin concerns: Facial Redness, Rosacea, Pigmentation, Aging with loss of firmness, Broken blood vessels and enlarged pores.
✦ NO MORE: SHAVING - WAXING - TWEEZING - PLUCKING: When using Skin'N Sleek™ you will save yourself from razor’s burns or bumps, itchy ingrown hair, ripping off your skin or the tedious plucking.
✦ NO PAIN - NO EFFORT: Just Slide or Stamp Skin'N Sleek™ handset 2-3 times per week and enjoy a smooth skin right after.
✦ SAVE YOUR MONEY: A One time investment with more than 600,000 pulses and ditch all the other non-effective hair removal methods.
✦ EFFECTIVE OUTCOME: Results are impressive. Permanent Hair Removal can be achieved by consistent few clicks per week. And Skin Rejuvenation is certainly within reach.
✦ NO CLINIC VISITS - SAVE YOUR TIME: Treatments are done from the comfort of your own home and based on your own time schedule
✦ Does the Skin'N Sleek™ hair removal handset really work? Short and quick answer is, Yes. Our handset uses the latest IPL ( Intense Pulsed Light) technology that enables the reduction and eventually elimination of the hair growth. IPL is absorbed by the melanin ( hair pigment) located in the hair follicle. During the absorption the melanin turns into heat which then destroys the growing cells that make the hair.
✦ Is it painful? Unlike other types of light energy, IPL doesn’t cause any pain. The pain ,if there are any, won't exceed a warm sensation over the skin.
✦ Is Skin'N Sleek™suitable for me?
Skin'N Sleek™ has eight adjustable light intensity settings (1-8) to ensure a gentle treatment across different skin tones (white, beige, light brown, mid brown and dark brown) and body hair colours (dark blonde to black). Skin'N Sleek™ IPL treatment is not effective on red hair, grey hair or light blonde hair. Nor is it suitable for black skin, as it can cause skin damage. Check the skin/hair type chart down below to see if Skin'N Sleek™ is suitable for you.
✦ How do I select the right intensity for me?
It is vital that you only use the light intensity recommended for your skin/hair type. To avoid unnecessary skin reactions, always first check the skin tone/hair color chart and then start with the lowest intensity. If all is well, increase gradually. If the treatment feels uncomfortable, reduce the intensity. The treatment should not feel painful at any time.
✦ Is it Safe to use? Yes, It is safe if it is used as directed. Please follow this cautions:
1-Do not use on your upper side face; your hairlines and eyebrows. You can certainly use it on the following facial areas; cheeks, chin, sideburns, jawline, and neck areas. While it is safe on the upper lips area, you shouldn’t direct it on your lips which may cause unwanted side effects.
2-It is as well safe to use the handset on the sensitive areas like bikini line and the back hair
3-Avoid at all cost flashing on open wounds or surgical sides
✦Do I have to shave my hair/ tweeze /wax or use depilatory cream before applying the handset? In order for the IPL to work properly, it is very important that hair roots stay intact. Therefore, it is always recommended to use the device on a freshly shaved hair. Waxing, plucking or using depilatory creams are all useless habits as they remove the hair follicle that is necessary for any successful hair removal treatments and subsequently compromising the results.
✦ How soon I can see results using Skin'N Sleek™? While results can vary depending on the color and the amount of hair in the treated areas most users can detect remarkable reduction after only a few treatments.
Patience and consistency are key to get impressive results. It is important to know that hair growth passes through three different phases, thus persistent and multiple treatments are required to achieve the utmost outcome.It is also important to know that hair might generally seem to be growing back even though it was treated, however several of those hairs can usually fall out after a few weeks.
It should be also noted that treatments will be less Impressive on grey and Blond type of hair
I used Skin'N Sleek™IPL but my hair is still growing! Why?
This is normal and it is called ejection. Hair can appear to be growing up to two weeks after your last treatment. It’s also possible that some of your hair is still actually growing as hair follicle goes through different growth cycle, and it will need multiple sessions in order for the IPL to be effective.
✦ How long does each session take? Our Skin'N Sleek™is the most effective and fastest in-home-use handset on the market that can get you a full body treatment in a matter of minutes. Our IPL handset will save you time and money yet delivering the same exceptional results that you may get from expensive clinics and spa centers.
✦ Is it ok to use on Tanned or naturally dark skin? IPL technology works on targeting the pigment turning it into heat without differentiating between the pigments of the hair or the skin, thus using it on a dark skin may cause some adverse outcome and skin burning. Therefore, it is NOT recommended to use it on darker or tanned skin. Similarly, it is recommended to be extra cautious if you have been exposed to longer hours under the sun. Taking a break from IPL treatments then can be good practice to keep in mind .
✦ Is it safe on tattoos, moles or beauty marks? Because these skin defects are on the darker side, it is certainly not advised to treat them with the IPL for Hair removal. We strongly suggest to cover them with a white cloth first before starting the treatments.
✦ Is it safe for teenagers to use ? Because of hormonal changes teenagers go through, it is recommended to be at least 17 year old to guarantee effectiveness of the hair removal.
✦ Is it OK to share my Skin'N Sleek™ device You certainly can, just wipe the surface with alcohol for hygiene purposes. With more than 600,000 flashes on our Skin'N Sleek™ hair removal handsets it should plenty of use from the device's quartz lamp lifetime.
✦ Can men use Silk'N Sleek™? Certainly. However, due to the men’s natural hair that is thicker and dense, it will require more and longer treatments. We have a special Handset that is dedicated for men’s hair, called Skin'N Sleek™ Man.
✦ Directions for use?
Step 1:Prep your skin, by cleaning, shaving and drying it before use. Certainly Do not pluck, tweeze or wax your hair
Step 2: Select among the five treatment levels, from low to high.
Step 3: Choose which part you want to apply the treatment and click.
Step 4: Apply you favorite cream or lotion and enjoy your new Skin.
✦ Have medical Issues? check this before ordering.
1. Please, check with your physician if you are pregnant or nursing before using Skin’N Sleek™.
2. Do not use the device if your skin is sensitive to light (photosensitivity) and having conditions like porphyria, polymorphic light eruption, solar urticaria, lupus, etc or are taking medication that makes the skin more sensitive to light.
3. Do not use the device before consulting your physician if you are taking the following medications: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, (e.g., aspirins, ibuprofens, acetaminophen), tetracyclines, phenothiazines, thiazide, diuretics, sulfonyluraes, sulfonamides, DTIC, fluorouracil, vinblastine, griseofulvin, AlphaHydroxi Acids (AHAs), Beta-Hydroxi Acids (BHAs), Retin-A®, Accutane® and/or topical retinoids
4. Do not use the device around health monitoring equipment (e.g., cardiac monitors, pacemaker ECG alarms, incontinence device, insulin pump, etc
5. Do not use the device before consulting your physician if you have any abnormal skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, lesions, open wounds or infections (cold sores) or have a history of skin cancer, hemangioma. or areas of potential skin malignancies,
6. Do not use the device before consulting your physician if you suffer from epilepsy, or have a history of herpes outbreaks.
7. Do not use the device before consulting your physician if you are currently or have recently been treated with Alpha-Hydroxi Acids (AHAs), Beta-Hydroxi Acids (BHAs), Retin-A®, topical retinoids, azelaic acid, Accutane® (isotreti- noin) or steroid regimen.
8. Do not use the device before consulting your physician if you recently received radiation therapy or chemotherapy treatments
9. Do not use the device before consulting your physician if you are allergic to metal, or sensitive to contact with chrome.
10. Consult your physician first if you have metal braces or a metal implant or have body parts that were injected with fillers.
✦ Any manufacturer's warranty?
* Our Skin'N Sleek™ comes with a full 12 month that covers for exchange at no extra cost. please read more here
* Our Skin’N Sleek comes with a 90 days-days-money back guarantee please read more here
The greatest determining factor for a successful treatment is simply using it consistently, as advised, and for the recommended period of time.
For those who are not consistent with their treatments, their results will reflect this. We cannot control how often you use your handset or how the handset is used.
Please ensure that the detailed User Guide is thoroughly read and understood. If the handset has not been used correctly, and as instructed, the refund will not be approved.